ABOUT BC FOOD & BEVERAGE
BC Food & Beverage is a member-based industry association, representing BC’s largest manufacturing sector. Our Vision to ensure a thriving, world-class food and beverage industry for BC. This is accomplished by guiding entrepreneurs and their businesses.
CONNECT We bring the food manufacturing industry together to share ideas, solve problems, identify synergies and explore business opportunities.
EDUCATE We’re here to provide all the tools, resources and training our members – and the industry – need to prosper.
INNOVATE The food manufacturing industry is constantly changing. We stay on top of changes, trends and our members and their companies.
ADVOCATE We represent our members. We’re the industry voice for identifying opportunities for change, improvement, growth and success.
EXPECTATIONS CONCERNING DIRECTORS’ RESPONSIBILITIES
Board members are expected to serve the constituents of BCFB by ensuring that there is competent leadership and adequate resources available to accomplish BCFB’s mission and Strategic Plan. Directors should be available to participate on committees and at board meetings as fully engaged participants.
ROLE REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
· Be prepared to contribute time and other resources. Directors should willingly contribute their expertise (e.g. marketing, advocacy, accounting, legal) and resources to further the goals of the organization.
· Attending and being an active participant at bi-monthly Board meetings, Director orientation, strategic planning sessions, and annual AGM
· Participating in BCFB Committees (Executive, Finance, Nominations, Government & Industry Relations, and Nominations Committees)
o Committee meetings are where issues are discussed, analyzed and resolved. Recommendations for board action are formulated at the committee level.
· Commitment of confidentiality and privacy when required
· Approve BCFB’s annual budget and audited financial statements
· Help represent BCFB to the Members and industry acting as an ambassador for BCFB both within the industry and beyond.
· Maintain your status as a member in good standing with BCFB
· It is not the role of the board to engage in the management of day-to-day operations of BCFB.
· Advocate on behalf of the organization. Directors must be prepared to promote the views of BCFB to secure funding, legislation and other support for the organization.
· Ensure compliance with BCFB’s Constitution & Bylaws
• Strong interpersonal skills, collaborator and team player
• Understanding of Board governance and the role of not-for-profit organizations
• Technical and/or business experience in the food & beverage manufacturing sector
• Strong understanding and proven contribution to the food and beverage manufacturing industry
• Previous experience and participation on boards either strategic or operational
• Recognized and established record of leadership within the industry
• Member in good standing of BC Food & Beverage
• Familiarity & understanding of BCFB and its role, purpose and activities
• BCFB Governance Committee conducts outreach to identify interested candidates
• Governance Committee reviews applications and confirms qualifications
• Selected candidates will be asked to complete a Skills Matrix template to determine fit among existing Directors
• BCFB Board receives recommendations from Nominations Committee for candidates for available positions
• Successful candidates are informed of selection and asked to accept/decline an invitation to join the Board of Directors
• Directors are elected by BCFB’s membership at its Annual General Meeting which is normally held in late June or early July.
Directors are appointed for a two-year term commencing after the completion of the Annual General Meeting. BCFB Directors can sit for a maximum of 3, two-year terms for a total of six years on the board.
If you are interested in being part of BCFB’s Board of Directors, please send an expression of interest and a one-page cover letter outlining your background, qualifications, and what you can bring to the BCFB Board attention to: James Donaldson (email@example.com) by end of day Tuesday, April 23, 2021